Want to achieve a powerful prostate orgasm but sick of failed attempts at using your fingers?
Not only is it difficult to find the all-elusive 'p-spot', but when you eventually get there, it's more likely your wrists will get tired and you'll give up.
Although getting a partner involved can help you with positioning, if they're unsure about where to press then it can end up being uncomfortable rather than stimulating.
Prostate massagers make orgasms easier.
They're shaped in a way that, when inserted into your anus, they target your prostate directly, giving you the stimulation you need to achieve an orgasm.
There are a lot of different prostate massagers on the market so it can be quite overwhelming deciding which one to buy.
This guide breaks down the top-rated devices to help you choose the right one for your needs.
What is a prostate massager?
Prostate massagers, also known as prostate stimulators, are anal sex toys designed to massage a man's prostate gland, helping to release built up fluids and achieve body orgasms.
There are two main types of massager available:
The key benefit of using a standard prostate massager is that it is more likely to stay in place when used hands-free. This is good if you want to masturbate or have sex while using it.
By tensing your kegel muscles, the device naturally hits your prostate and gives you an orgasm.
Vibrating prostate massagers have a much greater intensity level, giving you more stimulation, however, they have a tendency to become dislodged due motion. For that reason it's best to hold them in place or have your partner join in the fun.
Note: some people argue that butt plugs should be considered prostate massagers, however these sex toys are only designed to sit inside your anus, not to to stimulate your prostate glands.
The 5 best Prostate Massager (Stimulators) for 2021
We’ll start with a quick rundown of the top products, then we’ll move onto the science behind how prostate massaging works, how we compared the top devices and finally, we'll answer the most common questions.
Comparison table of the 5 best brands:
Anero Vice 2
Anero Helix Syn
The scores from this table are based on: intensity, durability, materials used and ease of use.
Why buy the Lelo Loki?
- Simple & durable
Many prostate stimulators attempt to overcomplicate the massaging process with features that are good in theory, but often break down and end up in the bin. The Lelo Loki's simple, yet premium design ensures that it won't let you down when you need it most.
- Shape & Size
With an insertable length of 100mm and a width of 42mm, some guys get weary of its size, however this feature is actually a big plus because its more likely to hit your prostate gland and result in an orgasm.
- High intensity levels
The Lelo Loki is the top prostate massager for intense vibrations. Calling this device a 'toy' is an understatement. It packs some serious stimulation! The orgasm you'll experience from it will have you utterly shook and you'll probably need to take a couple of days off of sex as your prostate will be all milked out.
- Luxury Materials
Unpacking this device, you'll quickly realise that you're working with a premium piece of kit. The materials used feel soft yet firm on your skin and all of the buttons do exactly what they intend to without delay.
- Customer Testimonials
Going through the 100s testimonials online, you'll find more positive experiences with this device than any other. In fact, many people start on other prostate stimulators and then graduate up to the Lelo Loki when they realise they can get more power with it. If you're at the start of your prostate orgasm journey, surely it would be much better to just go with the best option right away?
- Excellent Customer Support
Visiting the Lelo Loki website, you'll notice a chat window pop up with a very attentive support staff who give you great advice on how to use the device properly.
- Works Hands-Free
Unlike many vibrating prostate stimulator toys, the Loki stays in place even when you're not holding onto it.
Are there any downsides?
The only real downside to the Loki is its lack of focus on your prostate so at the lower intensity levels you feel less stimulation.
Why buy the Anero Vice 2?
- Ridged Shaft
The team behind Vice 2 made an interesting observation before they created this brand; no other prostate massagers are built to accommodate the body's natural inner-ridges. With the knowledge that nothing else like this existed on the market, they created a product with minutely details nubs and rims that when inserted into the anus causes an incredible stimulation all around you.
- Range Of Settings
With a whopping 18 speed settings available, it means that you can gradually build up the intensity levels from a low, barely noticeable whirr to a mind-blowing spasm that will have you moving uncontrollably.
- Wireless Controller
Giving your partner access to the wireless controller is quite a thrill. Without having the power to decide the intensity level yourself, it helps you to get closer to an orgasm.
Are there any downsides?
- Less Intensity
Although the intensity provided by the Aneros Vice 2 is strong enough to get you to achieve a substantial orgasm, it's not the most intense prostate massager on the market.
- Needs remote to function
If the remote controller breaks or runs out of batteries during use of this device, it basically renders it useless as there are no localized control functions.
Why Lelo Billy gets our thumbs up
On the other end of the spectrum is the Lelo Billy. Instead of focusing on lots of different ridges and edges that stimulate you all around, this brand focuses on staying as smooth as possible. The logic behind this is simple, by keeping the number of edges to a minimum, it helps you to decide where to apply the vibrations most. If you want to push directly on your prostate gland then this is the best product for you.
Are there any downsides?
Although the Lelo Billy is a great choice for people who are new to prostate massaging toys, it's unlikely to provide the stimulation that intermediate or advanced users seek.
Why the Helix Syn gets our thumbs up
- Doesn't Fall Out
Looking for a simple hands-free prostate massager that you can use while having sex? Although other hands-free brands exist, Helix Syn is the best at maintaining a consistent position inside you. Why should you care about that? Well, it's extremely frustrating when you find a good spot that could set you off but you can't have sex in fear that the massager will move and you'll lose it. With the Helix Syn you do not need to worry about that.
- No Batteries Required
If you're regularly travelling, it can be a real hassle to remember to charge your massager after every use. Instead of vibration, the Helix Syn works through kegel exercises. Every time you tense, you feel your prostate gland getting touched by the toy, bringing you closer to orgasm.
- Multiple Points Of Stimulation
The Helix Syn hits 3 erogenous points: the prostate, the perineum and the scrotum to heighten the experience and give you even more pleasure.
Are there any downsides?
The stimulation that you get from the Helix Syn comes from the squeezing together of your kegel muscles. However, if you're not used to doing these exercises, it can be some time before you achieve an orgasm.
Why Lelo Hugo gets our thumbs up
- Multiple Vibration Points
If you have any experience of penis stretching, there's one word on everybody's lips; comfort. SizeGenetics has put more focus on helping their customers to remain in a more or less zen-like state while extending their penis size than any other brand. Why is comfortability such an important factor? It's simple - to achieve noticeable gains with a penis extender, you need to wear it for at least 8 hours per day. If you get irritated by the position that it's sitting then you'll be discouraged from using it, resulting in no progress.
- Wiresless Controller
If you're the type of guy who likes to give your partner pleasure with sex whilst enjoying an earth-shattering prostate orgasm, then you should choose the Hugo. It's remote control is incredibly easy to use. My recommendation is to have sex in doggy style while controlling the Hugo yourself and gradually increasing the level of stimulation. As your body starts to spasm with joy, your partner will notice, setting her off and you'll both explode together!
- Ability To Sit On Device
Sitting on the Lelo Hugo, you'll be able to get deep levels of stimulation both at your prostate and your perineum area. This added vibration will
Are there any downsides?
There have been some reports from customers that the Lelo Hugo has suffered from breakages after only a few uses which result in only the base part of the toy being operational. Additionally, it is less powerful than some other vibrating prostate massagers.
How prostate massaging works
Methods of prostate massage
- Using your fingers is the most primitive method of prostate massage and the most difficult to reach an orgasm with. This is because of the difficulty involved in positioning your body and your fingers at the correct angle. Additionally, it's common for the wrist to get tired when applying the massage.
- Prostate massagers are created with the specific purpose of stimulating the prostate and, for that reason, are much better equipped to provide pleasure.
- Although Butt Plugs are not designed for the stimulation of the prostate, if you get one big enough, then it is possible to achieve one through their use.
What to consider when buying a prostate massager
If you're new to prostate massagers, it can be difficult deciding which one to buy. In this section, we'll discuss each of the different features in order of importance.
Handheld vs. Hands-free
The first thing to consider when buying a prostate massager is how you're going to be using it. If you want to insert it and just leave it there so you can have sex or masturbate at the same time then your obviously going to want a hands-free product.
Although it's great being able to to do other things at the same time, some hands-free massagers are less effective when vibrating, so if you're looking to crank up the intensity levels then a handheld vibrating massager will be a better choice for you.
The next factor to consider is how durable the prostate stimulator is. Although many toys showcase special features such as multiple motor locations and prostate motions, the number of people who have reported them breaking after just a few uses is too high to gloss over.
Our advice is to avoid complicated features and focus on simplicity so you can be sure the product will last.
If you opt for a vibrator, there's two things you should consider:
- Maximum intensity - if the device you choose doesn't have enough stimulating power to be able to push you over the edge, it's going to have you disappointed
- Incremental settings - if you go from 0 to 100 right away when you turn your massager on, it will likely be far too intense. It's much more pleasurable to gradually increase the intensity levels at a comfortable pace; more increments means you get a better choice.
Ease of use
There's nothing worse than buying a new sex toy and realising that it's a hassle to operate. When simple functions like turning it on and off, changing the vibration settings and removing it from your anus are difficult, then it can putt you off using it.
Cheap prostate massagers often do not take the same level of care in their manufacturing process as the luxury brands and, for that reason, it's wise to pay a little bit extra.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of massaging your prostate?
Although there aren't a lot of studies on the benefits of prostate massage, through the feedback from 1000s of men online, the following have become widely accepted:
Body-shaking orgasms: orgasms from a prostate massage are felt throughout the body rather than just in the genitals. Although neither type of orgasm is better or worse than the other, a prostate orgasm is definitely something that every man should consider trying.
Reduces prostate inflammation (prostatitis): the prostate can become swollen as a result of fluid blockages, causing discomfort and pain, especially while ejaculating. A thorough prostate massage will clear out those fluids, reducing the levels of swelling and returning you to normality.
Better urine flow: a swollen prostate can interfere with the flow of urine in your urethra. By releasing the excess fluid in the prostate, it helps you pee normally again.
How to prepare for a prostate massage
Unlike masturbation, a thorough prostate massage requires a decent amount of preparation to ensure everything goes smoothly. Take the following steps for best results:
- Allocate at least an hour: the first thing you've got to bear in mind is that this process takes a bit of time to prepare for, then it takes time to do the massage and finally, it takes time to clean up. For that reason, it's important that you budget at least an hour of your day where you will have no interruptions.
- Clean & calm environment: a lot of the experience is based on calming your mind and letting your prostate sync with the vibrations from the prostate stimulator, however if you're feeling at all anxious then you can forget they are there and not achieve the desired result.
- Bowel movement: before you do anything else, go to the toilet and relieve yourself to get rid of any feces in your anus.
- Anal douching: give your anus a thorough clean using an anal douche (you can also use the high-power setting of your shower, however this is less effective).
- Lay down a towel in the place: this stops you from getting any remaining fecal matter on your bed, carpet or flooring.
- Finger first: apply a generous amount of lubrication to your finger, rub it around your anus and then insert it to warm yourself up.
- You are now ready for your prostate stimulator.
How do you use a prostate massager on yourself?
- Apply lubricant: holding the stimulator in your non-dominant hand, add plenty of lubricant to the tip and spread it around with your dominant hand to make sure it's fully covered allowing insertion to be as comfortable as possible.
- Insert the device: sitting down on your knees, bend forward slightly and insert the device into your anus using your non-dominant hand, making sure it's sitting at a comfortable spot. Note: the purpose of using this hand is to prevent the controls from getting too slippy when you turn it on later.
- Kegel exercises: tense your kegel muscles for 3 seconds on and off for a total of 10 times to get your prostate in a good position
- Start the vibrations: a low, consistent vibration is a good place to start to prevent you from feeling overwhelmed
- Turn it up: gradually increase the intensity of the vibration and switch to an 'on and off' setting to allow you to start to experience it more fully.
- Kegel exercises: start to tense your kegels again but now, try and sync them up with the rhythm of the vibrations - this make you feel even more aware of their presence.
- Masturbate: rub your penis as you normally would while masturbating - this causes your prostate to swell as it gets ready to release its fluids.
- Relax: take a few moments out, lying on the floor and taking time to become more aware of the rhythm of the vibrations.
- Kegel exercises: tense your kegels again while lying down in sync with the vibrations
- Masturbate + kegel exercises: get back on your knees and rub your penis - continue until you reach orgasm and you notice the prostate fluid coming out.
- Remove the prostate stimulator: when removing the toy, you may notice that your anus is more sensitive than usual - don't worry that is normal when using these devices. Just slowly remove the device and you will be fine.
How long does it take to achieve a prostate orgasm?
Using the 11 steps outlined above, you should be able to achieve a prostate orgasm in around 20-30 minutes.
How do you clean a prostate massager?
If you've followed the preparation part at the beginning of this guide, then you won't have too much to clean up.
Simply give the prostate stimulator a thorough rinse in warm, soapy water then apply a spray of anal toy cleaner before letting it dry.
If you rushed the preparation process, don't worry you may just need to run the toy under the tap for a little longer to wash any fecal matter off.
Can prostate massaging cause problems?
There are a couple of situations where you can cause yourself damage through the use of a prostate massage. We'll discuss them now:
- Sharp, dirty nails: if you (or your partner) have particularly sharp nails, it can irritate the inside of your anus during the initial preparation stage. Make sure they are well-trimmed and cleaned before getting started.
- Lack of lubricant: the anus is not self-lubricating so it's imperative that you use plenty of lubrication prior to a prostate massage. If you do not use enough, it can result in irritation.
- When prostate massagers are too big: if you select a device that is too large for your anus then it can be uncomfortable.